Listen to The English Way
Jen and I have long discussions of the latest bands we've been listening to, we're also both big on British bands. She just introduced me a band from London, England called Fightstar and I'm enjoying every minute of Be Human. I absolutely loved The English Way, the second track on the album. The background vocals are beautiful and remind me of Blue by Yoko Kanno. This album has it's fair share of songs with some growling vocals, but it's unreasonable to think of Fighstar as a metal band. There are many songs with soothing vocals; Overall, the album is very energetic. I think it would be fair to relate this album to Bloc Party's first album (Silent Alarm). In fact the last tracks on both albums are quite mellow until the end of the song. I highly recommend listening to Be Human, checking out Fighstar's other albums is now on my to do list.
^_^ Nice recommendation, I will look these guys up.
ReplyDelete'Grand Unification' is also a good album by them, but it's quite heavy and melodic compared to 'Be Human'. You would never have really guessed that the lead singer used to be in a guitar-pop boy band from 2002-2004.
ReplyDeleteHaha, no I never would've guessed.
ReplyDelete