Welcome


In this blog I'll be listening to an album/EP I've never heard before everyday (hopefully) and write about it.
Please recommend an album/EP by clicking here and leaving a comment.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Damnation by Opeth

Listen to Windowpane

Yet another album michael recommended but I never got around to listening to until a friend from college recommended Opeth to me. He gave me two songs to listen to – Windowpane and Bleak. After listening to both of them, I knew that I had to listen to both of their respective albums. It's hard to distinguish Opeth's belonging genre. This album is a lot softer than other songs I've heard by them with growling vocals. Ever listen to a song with a guitar riff so good that you want to close your eyes to enjoy it? Damnation gives plenty of opportunites as the tracks are filled with beautiful melodies. Listen to the bridge in Windowpane by Opeth, bloody amazing and the rest of the album is just as sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment