Welcome
In this blog I'll be listening to an album/EP I've never heard before everyday (hopefully) and write about it.
Please recommend an album/EP by clicking here and leaving a comment.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Robot Hive/Exodus by Clutch
Truth be told, Michael actually recommended this album for me to listen to about a year ago. Motivated by the blog, I finally got around to listening to it a few times. After listening to Robot Hive/Exodus once, I really wasn't sure what to think. It was clear that I loved it instrumentally, but I didn't know how I felt about the lyrics and vocals. Neil Fallon's deep voice does work well accompanied by the hard rock. The first band that it reminded me of was Queens of the Stone Age; maybe it's better to say Queens of the Stone Age on crack. I chuckled at their song 10001110101 as it reminded me of the binary solo in The Humans are Dead by Flight of the Conchords. Not too sure if michael agrees with me, but if you enjoyed QotSA and don't mind listening to something a little heavier – be sure to give Robot Hive/Exodus by Clutch a listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha, i once wrote down that binary solo >.<! Good times.
ReplyDelete