Listen to Are You Satisfied
Do you like La Roux? How about Little Boots? (If you haven't heard of either of these artists, check out the songs Tigerlily by La Roux and Ghosts by Little Boots). Marina and the Diamonds was recommended to me because I like both of those artists and I was pleasantly surprised with the number of songs I enjoyed on The American Jewels. The album starts off with Are You Satisfied, a very catchy song that really shows off the range of Marina's voice, think of it as a preview of what's to come. I can't help but think of 80's pop when I listen to this album and I love 80's pop. Fans of La Roux, Little Boots and maybe Lady Gaga (not too familiar with her stuff) should give this album a listen for it is worth every penny.
Very good stuff. I'll try to pick up the album when I get a chance.
ReplyDeleteIt also kind of reminds me of new Tegan and Sara.
Ahh I've heard very little Tegan and Sara, but I like what I've listened to. Maybe they will be an album I'll listen to in the future haha
ReplyDeleteI recommend The Con, and their latest album Sainthood. Both produced by Chris Walla of Death Cab for Cutie.
ReplyDelete